Small wildlife pond stocking

Plecostmus 1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 22, 2021
Hi I have a small pond in my garden for wildlife it it about 60-70 liters it currently has 1 frog which has lived in it for about a year there is no filtration so it it a bit green anyway I was wondering what fish could go in it to give it a bit more life maybe wcmm I do tiny water changes on it each day because I empty the guinea pigs water bottles in it which is about 1 litre of clean water added a day I could also do lots of cleanouts but I can't add filtration because there's no plug so what small fish could live in it that could preferably breed incase the frog eats some

Plecostmus 1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 22, 2021
The average is about 14°c the lowest though can get to is about -2 but it is very rare it gets that cold and usually stays above 0

Bllib

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2007
In a box of Pop Tarts!
I would use any cold water fish. Mollys, white cloud minnow, etc but not sure what you would have available in your area. You could also check for native species. The biggest issue is because of the small size of the pond you may need to use some kind of heater or cover your pond in the winter to survive the colder months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store