:-Smaller Marine or tropical?

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
I am now wondering what to do. Some of the marine fish and corals looked pretty good but I also like quite big tropical's. I could probably put a marine tank downstairs but a large tropical would have to go upstairs in my bedroom. What do you think I should do?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
sw not fun

its more of a show tank

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
Yeah I would probably prefer a fun tank. I know what you mean if I was for example I was designing a offices for a company and they wanted a tank then sw no contest. I would like some nice looking monsters (I love ezman's solid blue aro it rocks!). I would also like some evil looking fish maby a small gar? I was at a fish shop and saw toy balls meant for cats in a oscar tank. Do the oscars push them around or do you think it was just to make the tank look good?

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
Also I guess you cant mess on with new idea's of lighting etc in a sw cause some of the corals are more sensitive. My dream 'monster' tank would be a giant aquarium sea world size with killer whales.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i would get the plastic containers that u get the toys for 25 cents in

put water and goldfish in there and put it with my oscars

they loved chaseing it around

try it

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
lol

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
LOL I gotta try that. Can they break the plastic to get it out? I am definatly getting one of those tanks nearly definatly 7ft fw the only thing I am unsure of is when. Is there much use getting a sump or can I just have a big external? Also what fish would you reccomend I get for it? (I want cheap for the first few months then when it gets settled I am going to get a gold aro from my lfs.) I also was at this place which can get 2 types of singepour arowanas in and loads of others. The person who was in charge of the fish department loved aro's so he tried to order the nice ones in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store