Snails in a plywood tank?

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
i don't see a snail eating through a plywood tank.

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
would a pleco eat through a plywood tank?

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
i think youll be fine mate

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
I cant imagine snails doing any noticable damage.Some do have a rasping tounge,but its tiny.On the other hand some plecos seek wood to eat.Royals are actually called "canoe eaters" in sa

portabuddy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2006
mississauga
there is no "wood" that show in a plywood tank, its alwys water proffed, my 'glass&resin, alrylic, a protective paint or a ruberized coating... it the wall was covered by algea they would just eat the algae and leave the waterproofing stuff alone. this would be the absolute last thing i would be worried about with a plywood tank...

not that im saying that they are bad or anything, i going to be making one myself...

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
portabuddy;786717; said:
there is no "wood" that show in a plywood tank, its alwys water proffed, my 'glass&resin, alrylic, a protective paint or a ruberized coating... it the wall was covered by algea they would just eat the algae and leave the waterproofing stuff alone. this would be the absolute last thing i would be worried about with a plywood tank...

not that im saying that they are bad or anything, i going to be making one myself...

yea they usually seal them up with stuff like sanitire or pond armor!

but how would a pleco do any damage either?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store