MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
red oscar said:
i like a combo i have snails and 2 clown plecos
:werd:

I have one apple snail, one pleco, and at least 20 ghost shrimp.
IMO I like the snail and shrimp the best. My pleco seems to be nocturnal so I hardly ever get to see him. The shrimp are cool b/c seeing them work is like watching Fraggle Rock. lol The apple snail is cool cuz he just eats anything in his path. I've found him stuffing two peas in his mouth at the same time once. Then just a few days ago he climbed to the top of the tank to grab a plant that floated up. He fell all the way to the bottom and landed with those three stems still in his mouth. :headbang2

dmarinko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
Wisconsin
plecos rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justin

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
FL
Snails are slow and reproduce alot, they also produce alot of waste. You might not see it, but its there. Some plecos will eat algae, but lots won't. Plecos are true catfish and enjoy meaty foods as much as veggies. Most eat algae because thats what they get. As for otto cats they are small and are good for small tanks. Siamese algae eaters are like loaches and do eat alot of hair algae and try to scrape slime off the glass but leave trails due to their mouth shape. I like chinese and golden algae eaters. They have sucker mouths, love algae, and do a terrific job. However the chinese and golden algae eaters do get between 8 inches and a foot and get aggressive when large. I put 2-3 inch chinese algae eaters in my 80 gallon tank (the back of tank and plants were covered in algae). Two days later it was nearly spotless. Also rosie barbs are excellant for green hair algae.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store