snails vs. pleco

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
i have this one tiny snail with that survives with 2 plecs, and 2 pakistani (yoyo) loachs, its about 2 mm, and i see it about once every 2 months. it rocks my world

tothna

Candiru
MFK Member
May 18, 2005
Ohio
I've heard people talking about snails taking over their tanks. Whats the deal with this, this has always made me wary of buying snails.

villiger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
UK
i think prefer plecos, otherwise you need clown loaches to keep the Malay snails population in check

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Oh I thought you wanted to know which would win,My pleco eats mystery snails had to stop putting them in there

TrickBaby1019

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Liverpool, N.Y.
Well personaly I have a pleco and a golden algea eater, they do a great job. I was leary to purchase any snails because they reproduce a sexually and they may overpopulate the tank.

BigPleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2005
Markesan, WI
I agree with ewurm! Snails will be better cuz they dont crap as much as the plecos!!!

golcondorus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Oregon
the snails that people talk about taking over your tank are usually the little tiny pond snails that come in with live plants and a lot of the time when there netting the fish for you, sometimes you get some little snails, those will multiply like mad. Other snails are fine like black mystery snails, apple snails, ramshorn snails, they wont take over your aquarium, and if the try, there much bigger and can be much easier to control

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store