Snakehead for a 125g?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello everyone! So my parents have been talking about moving from Ontario to New Brunswick. They seem pretty set o the idea (But then again they wanted to move to northern Ontario a couple months ago). Im fine with moving because im a big time angler and I think I would enjoy surf fishing for bass and mackerel and stuff. The big thing though is... SNAKEHEADS!!! Yep Snakeheads are legal in new Brunswick from what I have read all species but northerns. I will most likely sell all my fish and maybe all my tanks and just buy tanks there. So once there I want to dedicate my biggest tank a 125g (dont know if I will bring my current one or just buy a new one) to either a solo snake head or a pair. I really like channa lucius but they kind of look like a northern snakehead and we all know how brutal fis and game can be. anyways let me know what species you think is best in a 125g! dimensions 72 inches long 18 inches wide 21 inches tall

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Auranticumatica (gold cobra). I butchered that.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
I have my aurantimaculata in a 120 x 45 x 45cm for now (still 15cm/6").After talking with a few people who've kept full grown aurantimaculata Imo 18" width won't be sufficient (most of those 18"+ specimens are several years old though) Until I saw headbanger_jib headbanger_jib 's 19" auranti I thought the max size was 16".Colin Dunlop also has a 45cm/18"+ male but his specimen is well over 10 years old.I'll be moving in a while and I can't bring my chiller along so i'll be rehoming my auranti,i'm also considering a Lucius since they do better in tropical temps.GL

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
so after reading a thread about Channa pleurophthalma size and tank size I dont think a 125g is enough for a solo or a pair so im going to talk to my parents and see if I can sell all my fish and my 125g and 75g and they buy a 180g once we get there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store