Snakehead Found In Queens, NY lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
GGGGGGGREEEEEEEEATTTTTTTT....I'm telling you guys...the day is soon approaching when everything will be illegal except tetras.

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
You know what would be great? If there was an entrance exam or something to be allowed to keep all these illegal species...that way all the responsible aquarists could enjoy snakeheads and piaranas and such. We would just have a system to weed out all the FREAKING IDIOTS who dump thier aquariums into the lake when they get bored.

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
cenecker said:
and mollies...mabye...those are kinda agressive though...
Actually some close relatives of guppies and mollies (the mosquito fish in genus Gambusia) are illegal in some states and are highly invasive... :grinno:

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
DeLgAdO said:
how cold can that water get??? and they can survive it? i need afew for my pond :cheers:
Some types survive cold winters in the wild just like bowfins do here.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
They really make snakeheads sound very bad. "Devouring everything in there path" "Breathing air and walking on land" I think these people are scared of em.

Chad

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Yeah, I noticed carp on the list of fish it could harm. LOL...they are also invasive!!!! The article made snakeheads out to be pretty bad fish. First sharks, then pirahnas and now snakeheads. Must be a fish thing or something. Anyone see the Sci-fi movie "Snakehead" or "Frankenfish"? I swear...if I ever get a SH I am going to name it Frankenfish and call it Frank for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store