Snakehead Hole in the head ?

Tamir

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have 2 Channa Lucius.. and in the past 2 weeks they are not eating well... one of them is not colorful like always and i notice somthing weard in there buttom of there heads..

I also have a Atabapo PIke , hes acting very good... eat and swim well.. i also notice a weard mini hols in one side of hes head..

Do you think is HITH or Somthing else ?
What should i do next ? (They eat dry and frozen foods, i had 1 liter of fluval active carbon in my sump.) (Aquarium 170x100x70 with sump 150x65x45)

Screenshot_20180608-013803.png 20180608_012022.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like the start of hith on the pike. Atleast by the eye it does. Not so much on the snakehead.

The snakehead looks to have lost a few scales.

Would remove the carbon. If the pike is not better after removing the carbon then consider treating with metronidazole to the tank and Seachem metroplex/nls hex shield in 3% epsom salt solution. My suggestion.

Tamir

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Looks like the start of hith on the pike. Atleast by the eye it does. Not so much on the snakehead.

The snakehead looks to have lost a few scales.

Would remove the carbon. If the pike is not better after removing the carbon then consider treating with metronidazole to the tank and Seachem metroplex/nls hex shield in 3% epsom salt solution. My suggestion.
Thank you bro

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
How frequent, and what size water changes?
Also what are your water parameters.
Like many northern South American species, they often come from waters that get a seasonal infusion of tannins, and have evolved to need the antibacterial properties of tannic acid to help ward off the bacteria that cause these chronic maladies.

Last edited:
Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store