snakeheads keeping conditions

pumbaa-boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
The Philippines
Whoa. Very informative thread. Perhaps you can give us a rundown on Channa panaw. Please. The fish has only recently been introduced to the hobby here in the Philippines and there is very little information available. Thanks.

Hesh69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2009
Sri Lanka
pallestopheles;1571359; said:
These ones were collected on Sri Lanka.........

They lived in a waste drainage of a cinnamon Plantage!
The only fresh water they have recived was from the women that wahs their clothes in there.......with soap!
So I called them Soap gachua!!!

They have a complete different clour in the dorsal fin!
Also they are more shy.......than other gachuas I kept

They grow very slow..........

There is only one wildcaught couple of this type in the world!
A friend of mine brought them to me after his holidays in Sri Lanka!

I have breed them quite often now.......
hi my frnd...!! im from sri lanka..cinnomon plantage?they hv snakeheads around der? :confused: can u be more specific please..because im having a hard time finding snakeheds in my country.. thanx

http://fish.mongabay.com/data/Sri_Lanka.htm

jolanda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2009
Beverwijk,Netherlands
Hello Pascal,:D

Like your thread about this lovely snakefish. I own now since Februari some pulchra`s from Tina Montoya,wich had 2 nests of youngsters.
I had a pair with me but lost the female.
My question is; with what of the species is the pulchra the most related and have the same waterconditions ect.
I do have my tank now on 21 degrees so I hope thats fine??or are they need lower temparatures??

Hope you`ll answer my questions and hope you`ll write also about the pulchra :confused:

Cheesetian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2010
This thread is so awesum! I'm currently looking for advice on dwarf snakeheads and those you gave on Channa Gachua and Kerala were great. Still looking for a lfs that stocks sp. Five-stripe though. Will keep looking.

Many thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store