snakeheads keeping conditions

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Hi,

ExtraMe;4599503; said:
and is there any diff btwn a marulia and a marulius?
The same as between lucia and lucius ;-)

NONE, they are synonyms

ExtraMe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2010
philippines
oh haha i see, thanks bruki

does anyone have keeping conditions for c. pleurothalma?
how big of a tank do i need for a grp. of say 6 fishes?

danne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Westcoast Sweden
Page 1 and 2 of this thread has pictures of eggs. They float, so you will see a picture of surface with dots on it.

Cariver12

Feeder Fish
Dec 30, 2011
Philippines
hi guys, I would like to ask help.. I've recently got a 4-6 inch emperor snakehead..
I put him in my tank yesterday morning and I noticed that he was not swimming all around,
he's just staying at the bottom corner of my tank, he is housed with 5 tiger barbs which I hope he'll eat..
I'm new to handling SHs and I'm wonderin what I can do to make him swim actively and eat aggressively?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Best advice, ...give it some time to acclimate. Young snakeheads are under tremendous pressure in the wild and they're defensive posture is to hide from everything that might be a danger to them. You've only had the SH for a day. Did you introduce him to the new tank with the lights off? is there alot of cover in the tank in the way of plants, rockwork, and surface cover? Provide him enough places for him to feel secure and he'll be more apt to explore his environment. Once he's comfortable you'll see him become more active.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store