Snow White parrot convict cichlid and convict have eggs??

Cichlidfirsttimer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2021
I’ve got a Snow White parrot convict cichlid or at least was name at lfs lol I’ve also seen them called jellybean cichlid but not the original dyed one,, anyways I’ve got her and another male convict in my community tank alongside 2tiger oscars 1 common pleco and one more female convict,, but the two I mentioned first have decided to spawn eggs and they look fertilized to me now,, I’m somewhat new to the whole cichlid thing but I believe Imma gonna try to grow them out inna bigger tank after hatching I’ve already gotten a few things to set it all up I’m not even forsure if they will be successful the first time but I’m sure there will be many more clutches to come being convict or half convict,,, I’m just curious if anyone has any ideas on what they may hatch as,, considering that it’s technically two different breeds of fish ,, I kno I’ll kno soon enough but curiosity is getting me lol thanks for any opinions on itCC10D94F-F107-4EB2-A7D3-3AD3EE03602B.jpeg

D24CB1A3-0C8B-4077-8403-E803EB85D081.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I’ve got a Snow White parrot convict cichlid or at least was name at lfs lol I’ve also seen them called jellybean cichlid but not the original dyed one,, anyways I’ve got her and another male convict in my community tank alongside 2tiger oscars 1 common pleco and one more female convict,, but the two I mentioned first have decided to spawn eggs and they look fertilized to me now,, I’m somewhat new to the whole cichlid thing but I believe Imma gonna try to grow them out inna bigger tank after hatching I’ve already gotten a few things to set it all up I’m not even forsure if they will be successful the first time but I’m sure there will be many more clutches to come being convict or half convict,,, I’m just curious if anyone has any ideas on what they may hatch as,, considering that it’s technically two different breeds of fish ,, I kno I’ll kno soon enough but curiosity is getting me lol thanks for any opinions on itView attachment 1472901

View attachment 1472902
Tbh the Snow White Parrot looks more Pink Convict than a Parrot Cichlid. Most of the fry will probably look like the male.

Cichlidfirsttimer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2021
Ok thank you I was kinda thinking they might,, the female is actually one my fiancé picked awhile back she really liked it bcuz it’s more short bodied than our others,, then I got a couple convicts and it didn’t take no time at all before the male paired with her

FB0539DD-4D87-41B2-8924-74F21A2E6ACF.jpeg

Cichlidfirsttimer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2021
I’m not 100% forsure yet I did just order a new sponge filter and I’m gonna try to get this extra 10 gallon tank I have set up so I can maybe try to raise them some,, the first clutch will probably just get left in tank and hopefully some survive the oscars bcuz I’m not ready for them yet but after that I’m gonna hopefully raise some and see what it’s like but don’t have much room here or different home for them so kinda nervous to take it on,, maybe gonna ask lfs about trading or some kinda credit but it’s doubtful I guess it just depends on the actual breed and looks of the offspring

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I’m not 100% forsure yet I did just order a new sponge filter and I’m gonna try to get this extra 10 gallon tank I have set up so I can maybe try to raise them some,, the first clutch will probably just get left in tank and hopefully some survive the oscars bcuz I’m not ready for them yet but after that I’m gonna hopefully raise some and see what it’s like but don’t have much room here or different home for them so kinda nervous to take it on,, maybe gonna ask lfs about trading or some kinda credit but it’s doubtful I guess it just depends on the actual breed and looks of the offspring
The lfs will not take them because the Hybrid spawned with a pure Convict Cichlid.

Cichlidfirsttimer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2021
Makes me nervous to try to raise bcuz I don’t wanna have a ton of fish fry or something and have nowhere for them but I really think that it would be cool if I could be able to show my 2 year old daughter the little babies that “” her fishy’s “” had lol

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The lfs will not take them because the Hybrid spawned with a pure Convict Cichlid.
Yeah I was kinda doubting it already just didn’t feel like the chances we’re gonna b too good
It's a very exciting event but aggression from the 2 parents will be evident. They will chase and keep the Oscar's on opposite side of the aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store