So i did a thing

Iwhoopedbatman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2011
Baltimore
I set a camera up facing my tank so I can view it when I'm at work or away from home :)
Anyone else do this lol?

View attachment 1520369
I have not, but I have thought about it. I don't currently own a camera except the ones on my phone and computers, so that's what's holding me back currently. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who have. I really like how you decorated the tank, btw.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
I have not, but I have thought about it. I don't currently own a camera except the ones on my phone and computers, so that's what's holding me back currently. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who have. I really like how you decorated the tank, btw.
the camera i used was only $25 on amazon. pretty pleased with the outcome for $25

Iwhoopedbatman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2011
Baltimore
the camera i used was only $25 on amazon. pretty pleased with the outcome for $25
Yeah, it's not a price thing, I just never take pictures, so I don't think about it except in moments like this. I'm terrible about pictures. I go on weeks long vacations to beautiful amazing places and come back with 3 pictures on my phone. There will be no record of me when I leave this Earth, haha.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Yeah, it's not a price thing, I just never take pictures, so I don't think about it except in moments like this. I'm terrible about pictures. I go on weeks long vacations to beautiful amazing places and come back with 3 pictures on my phone. There will be no record of me when I leave this Earth, haha.
for real im the same way for the most part. i only go photo happy when building things or fish keeping. but i may have 3 or 4 photos of myself on my phone. but i buit this tank from scratch. first time building a tank nearly that large all out of acrylic. so he camera was also alot of piece of mind. i can see if anything goes south remotely.

Reactions: Iwhoopedbatman

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I use blink cameras and I set one up inside a separate building with my tanks. This system also has built in thermometer so I can also check on the temperature inside the building and make sure it’s not over heating in the summer.

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Definitely. Ring camera. I have multiple tanks and I bought a ring camera with a swivel base.

Monster fish misbehave and need to keep an eye on em

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store