So, I have a bit of an issue this morning.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
OK thanks.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
You can give some sd's a go Tom but imo the jardini will always go for the silver and as he grows the silver will come out second best , jardini are relentless killers if they want that tank to themselves (or at least threat free) then they will take it even if its fighting till death/near death , I think if they eventually do settle down and live together then you've got lucky but its got to be worth trying every option before they are split , if there wasn't a jardini involved and it was two silvers I'd say they would find pecking order and settle down but most jardini will not do that.
Good luck on your decision, hope you keep the jardini and see it grow into an awesome (drop eye free ;):D ) 2ft beast

JayC74

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Def try the suggestions offered. You never know sometimes changing something pretty subtle can work. Just pay attention to the silvers appetite. Most times when an aro starts to get picked on, they're appetite will go down the drain cause they're constantly fixated on being picked on. As long as the silver is eating like normal, i wouldn't sweat it yet

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks for the advice guys I really do appreciate all the help. I'll try some SDs and a power head and see how it goes. I also have some floating plastic plants to break up the line of sight. I'm looking out for the best interest of both fish, I don't want anything to happen to either one. My fear is if this started already I can't see it getting better and I agree as they grow the Silver will not win against a determined Jardini.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Yeah, they just don't know how to quit. My Jardini got pretty tame by the time it was 5-6" though. It wasn't spooky anymore and begged for food. I like the long flowing shape of the South American Arowana though. My favorite is the small black arowana when in juvenile coloration. Good luck.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
I would go for the jardini. I like the color and the attitude of jardini's and once your jardini gets bigger he will have more personality

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Well got SDs. Woke up this morning to a dried out silver on the floor.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
So a little update. Since the kamikaze dive my Silver took and the potential aggression of the Jar, I went ahead and found a really nice Leichardti. I got him from George at SA. He is about 7" TL and showing some nice colors. He was about 5" when I got him a few weeks ago. Still a little skittish but getting better. Hopefully I will have this one for a long time. I'll post a picture when I can, it's a good looking fish flawless fins and really nice form.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice one Tom , look forward to seeing pics , you'll definitely have less aggression issues with a lei over a jar (just keep that lid closed tight as much as possible ;):) )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store