So You think You have Nice Rock Work!

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
davo;912270; said:
Maybe not the type of rock work you were looking for but still i thought this was awesome. Sorry i dont know the photo credit, I saved this on my comp a long time ago.
that would aslo make a great brackish tank! or saltwater! even though i am not a keeper of either!

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So you said 55 mbuna, hence you can use lace rock if you want. So I will post my 75. (I haven't built a background, but some guys like to hid on the back side of so I can see them if I really want to with it clear.)

Anyways... the black sand is nice looking but ~20 bucks a bag... You would want likely 3 bags... Then there is ~100lbs of lace rock. I bought them in 50 boxes... Added a few fake plants and you get what you see.

(Click for larger)

As for sand, well pool sand works, it is going to be very dirty, and honestly you get what you pay for. I know some people that got some quary sand??? I don't know it wasn't from a store, and it was great stuff. Much better than what you get a menards.

Now honestly the black sand I bought is good to work with, but even that you have to clean well before putting it in. (Though I think that quartz sand is usually cleaner and more course.)

Anyways good luck on deciding. (And know that it is normal for some of use to stack and restack for hours just to get it looking just the way we like it...)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store