Soft shell turtle 4 foot tank

jojo_nature

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
leicester .uk.
Thanks Barracuda i had a look at her other videos aswell , i plan to get a big peice of corkbark like in 1 of her videos it looks the easiest .
If i got her in a larger tank , could she live with any other fish do you think ?

flatcapbrew

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2011
Minnesota
I really like the sand bank but unfortunately the tank i too small for that kind of basking area. Im glad you are reading austinsturtlepage also, their forum does have a lot info. softies get huge so I hope you have plans for it in the future but they are awesoe animals, if i had the space i would have one and I really like the look of the tank.

you seem to have already figured out the diet thing and uvb lighting so it seems your are well on your way to having everything for your turtle

methos75

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
Satsuma, LA.
I need a better pic, but IMO that is not a Spiny, looks more like a Smooth to me

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Hi, your softshell turtle in reality is a chinese softshell turtle Pelodiscus sinensis, one of the most popular alongside the american species. And good that it is that species and not a spiny, otherwise it would be greatly undersized allongside its deformity. As for the deformity it migth or not be caused by a lack of calcium, Ive seen softys that were born just like that. It seems pretty healty asside from that. Make shure you give a varied diet including herbivorus fish pellets, predator pellets, worms, snails, grasshoppers, mosquito fish, etc. As for you tank it is a nice one, however I cant avoid but think that sand bank is occupying a woule lot of space. My sugestion would be for you to build a non mobile floating island made of cork for example, take out half the sand and spread the rest in the botom.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store