Soft shell turtle with fish?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I was wondering if soft shell turtle can live with fish which my RES cannot
I never saw a soft shell turtle eating fish
Each one I saw with a soft shell turtle kept them with fish and none of the problem occurred
What r your thoughts on soft shell turtles can they live with fish if not which turtle can

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I was wondering if soft shell turtle can live with fish which my RES cannot
I never saw a soft shell turtle eating fish
Each one I saw with a soft shell turtle kept them with fish and none of the problem occurred
What r your thoughts on soft shell turtles can they live with fish if not which turtle can
From my personal research the Fly River Turtle was the best turtle specie to live with fish. Soft Shell Turtle will be risky imo.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
From my personal research the Fly River Turtle was the best turtle specie to live with fish. Soft Shell Turtle will be risky imo.
YA I see many people keeping them with fish

Reactions: tlindsey

FLA

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
Florida softshell's definitely eat fish. Keep them with fish much faster and bigger than their mouth. Also make sure there is plenty of room for the fish to get away. I have only seen people keep them with fish successfully in ponds in the long term.

I have heard the FRTs are good, but I really don't know. I have also heard Batagur borneoensis can work but you need a big space. I used to keep musk turtles with fish that had lots of places to hide. What fish do you want to keep? How big of a tank are you thinking?

Reactions: tlindsey

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Florida softshell's definitely eat fish. Keep them with fish much faster and bigger than their mouth. Also make sure there is plenty of room for the fish to get away. I have only seen people keep them with fish successfully in ponds in the long term.

I have heard the FRTs are good, but I really don't know. I have also heard Batagur borneoensis can work but you need a big space. I used to keep musk turtles with fish that had lots of places to hide. What fish do you want to keep? How big of a tank are you thinking?
I was thinking of shifting my two of oscars to another tank I wanted to keep him with my oscars they r roughly 7 to 8 inches

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store