SOLAR POWER MFKERS

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I live in Southern California and bought a house that came with a 20 year prepaid lease about 1.5 years ago. It has a standard 10 panel setup, but it does not generate sufficient electricity to power the whole house. We pay like $2 per month for utility fees, but they track utilization and bill you annually for your utilization net of any "net generation" which is the additional power generated that you are not using. Net generation gets a poor reimbursement rate though. I estimate value of savings to be about $100 per month over what I would pay if I didn't have it. I like the system, but I wish they would have installed enough panels to power the whole house. If you're going to install solar, might as well generate enough juice to power your entire house.
Ten panels is a 2.5 kilowatt system. The average 3/2 home in Socal will require a six to nine kilowatt system. A 2.5kw system is a joke that won't cover your home's usage and they knew that when they installed it. If you have a pool, the same home mentioned above would need a twelve to fourteen kilowatt system.

You need to call your leasing company and request a re-audit. They install those systems on the homes as a marketing gig to offset your energy usage, but it doesn't mitigate it as a properly audited system would.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store