Some Help With Angel Fish

Venatosaur

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Costa Rica
Hello There!!
I`m about to start a new aquarium and I was asking myself these questions. It would be really helpful if you answer them. Thanks

1- Is it good to keep a pair of angels. Will they live peacefully or they`ll fight each other?

2- How do I recognize which Angel is male and female.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
I would suggest getting about 6 younger Angels and let them pair off, once you have a pair you like you can sell the rest. A male and a female should not fight, and should get along just fine.

I do not think there is a way to sex them a 100%, I would suggest the method above to be sure.

drdpc

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2005
Brazil
I agree with vitaliy.
When they are mature we can realize some differents! I don't know how does it costs here, but here is very cheap, so we can by and form breeding pairs!

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
Angels are pretty peaceful anyway, you shouldn't have problems with aggression.

JuanTamad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, Fl
Sometimes they get very agressive. When a pair forms they will show agression to any fish, other angels included.

Even established pairs sometimes fight each other and can kill. You watch them if the agression gets out of hand it's best to separate them for a while.

I currently have 10 pairs and have been breeding them since the start of the new milennium.

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
Vitaliy said:
I would suggest getting about 6 younger Angels and let them pair off, once you have a pair you like you can sell the rest. A male and a female should not fight, and should get along just fine.

I do not think there is a way to sex them a 100%, I would suggest the method above to be sure.
good advice

aok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2006
norway
IME they behave wery different acording to given space.. If you have a big enough tank even two males wont make any conflict ..but in a to smal tank, you are asking for trouble :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store