Something interesting about bgk's

aidenboyjon

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2021
Japan
I figured I would post an interesting little behavior I spotted one of my juvenile bgk's doing. I haven't found any information about BGK's doing this before so it was a surprise when I found out why my new plants were being uprooted. I thought maybe I wasn't burying them deep enough, but it turns out as I had spotted one of them doing this, that BGK's are diggers. I had just placed a new hygrophila poly into the sand and after about 5 minuites of checking for spots to add more plants, the ghost was digging around the base until it finally started to float to the surface. I had never seen anywhere that they were digging fish. I know I have read that they are bottom feeders which I have found anywhere there is food they'll go for it, but I had never seen them dig until today. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else was wondering or didn't know.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I figured I would post an interesting little behavior I spotted one of my juvenile bgk's doing. I haven't found any information about BGK's doing this before so it was a surprise when I found out why my new plants were being uprooted. I thought maybe I wasn't burying them deep enough, but it turns out as I had spotted one of them doing this, that BGK's are diggers. I had just placed a new hygrophila poly into the sand and after about 5 minuites of checking for spots to add more plants, the ghost was digging around the base until it finally started to float to the surface. I had never seen anywhere that they were digging fish. I know I have read that they are bottom feeders which I have found anywhere there is food they'll go for it, but I had never seen them dig until today. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else was wondering or didn't know.
I never seen or heard of the BGK being a digger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store