Source for Replacement Glass Tops

rlheugel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2007
Houston, Texas
I have looked everywhere I can imagine for glass tops, and I can't find any anywhere. I know there are many places that sell replacement tops, but I have no idea where I can get ones that will fit my standard 210 gallon. All of the tops on Dr. Foster Smith and such are only 18" deep, not 24" like I need. Has anyone else had this problem? Ir does anyone know where I can get tops that will fit a standard 210 7X2X2?

Thanks MFK

Edwin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Whittier,Ca
glass shop. make them cut custom pieces for you, thats what i did for my old 130g tank.

kiLLz kC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2007
kansas city-mO
Frostyone;1959689; said:
Find out the mfgr of your tank then have your LFS order you one.

if you want to pay an arm and a leg. to get glass lids from the manufacturer would be outrageous for a 210.

go to a local window, windshield, glass shop and most will be able to cut custom sizes and round off all edges. i paid $12 for a replacement piece 11 x 23. you can also buy replacement hinging, handles, and back seal that can be cut around your filters from your LFS.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
kiLLz kC;1959718;1959718 said:
if you want to pay an arm and a leg. to get glass lids from the manufacturer would be outrageous for a 210.

go to a local window, windshield, glass shop and most will be able to cut custom sizes and round off all edges. i paid $12 for a replacement piece 11 x 23. you can also buy replacement hinging, handles, and back seal that can be cut around your filters from your LFS.
After paying for the glass, with polished edges, plus a water proof hinge, and handle and the plastic to go on the back, you will be many dollars poorer, than buying the pre-assembled units. All-glass/aqueon buys glass is a HUGE bulk.

LisaH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Las Vegas
At my nearest glass shop I got charged $24 for a triangle piece of glass (corner tank 1 of 3 pieces) It was 20"x12. The nice part was they cut it while I waited. It was less than 5 minutes.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Frostyone;1960070; said:
My AGA glass tops for my 125 only cost me $30, I wouldn't imagine the cost would be much more for a 210.

agreed. glass tops from the manufacturers (all-glass, perfecto etc) are pretty cheap in my area.

the cheapest peice of a set up by far..other than maybe a heater.

Perfecto makes a 265 that is 7 feet x 2 feet- so the footprint is the same dimensions as your 210. it is possible a regular stock glass top from them would fit fine. but you would have to measure and see for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store