Kent UK
Nice pickup, welcome to the gang;-)

Reactions: jowens

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I think im leaving the bufonius group. We're moving this summer and during the move its going to be nearly impossible not to keep all fish olin one tank for a period of time. He not big enough to even count as a snack for the polys. I have a buddy who's gonna take him in

Reactions: moe214

jowens

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, we are also moving soon (June.) This is the one fish that will definitely make the trip. I have had two others , one of which I gave away. I regretted it almost immediately.
That being said, I dont have any other fish that I feel the need to take, so bringing the bufonius should be easy.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Yo crazy? My bufonis is with me for the long haul, your so gonna regret it when ours are all 10" chunks.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah, we are also moving soon (June.) This is the one fish that will definitely make the trip. I have had two others , one of which I gave away. I regretted it almost immediately.
That being said, I dont have any other fish that I feel the need to take, so bringing the bufonius should be easy.
The problem is i have a fat @ss pearsei, heterospilus and 7 or 8 bichirs all ranging from 14 to 18 inches. The bichirs would come even if we were moving to the moon.

Yo crazy? My bufonis is with me for the long haul, your so gonna regret it when ours are all 10" chunks.
I hate you

Reactions: justarn and moe214

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Understood. And god knows that moving is stressful enough as it is.
You guys suck lol now im trying to figure out how to make it work. The biggest problem is im getting very little growth out if him.

Reactions: justarn

jowens

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Well, you know you would regret getting rid of it sooner or later, so better safe than sorry!
I cant speak to growth rates. It seems like some people report pretty good growth. I know the first one I had grew, but I had it for years. It was not full grown when I got rid of it. Do you think there's any chance yours has an internal parasite competing for nutrients?
Mine ate a frozen silver side this morning, so that makes me happy. Is there a consensus on feeding silversides (marine) to a fw cat?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Well, you know you would regret getting rid of it sooner or later, so better safe than sorry!
I cant speak to growth rates. It seems like some people report pretty good growth. I know the first one I had grew, but I had it for years. It was not full grown when I got rid of it. Do you think there's any chance yours has an internal parasite competing for nutrients?
Mine ate a frozen silver side this morning, so that makes me happy. Is there a consensus on feeding silversides (marine) to a fw cat?
No he eats pretty good. Mainly chopped tilapia and tilapia/pellet meatballs. I have no specific reasons for this but i just have this feeling its not a true bufonius. Members way more experienced than myself feel it is though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store