spoted raphel cat fish

smoothc

Feeder Fish
Apr 23, 2006
new york
i just got a spoted raphel cat fish and it hides all the time :swear: is the any way i can make hime come out a lil more ive tryed teasin with food he comes out but takes it to go and all so my pleco keeps roughin him up any one can tell me why

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Don't know why the plecos are messing with it. But these guys tend to hide all of the time. Really the only way that I have found is to not make and caves or anthing or just take out all of the decorations in the tank.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
Miles said:
Plecos are probably hungry and are threatened by competition for food in their territory.

i agree i see my plecos pushing my stripped and spotted raphael out of the way for food sometimes but they are nocturnal catfish dont remove there caves or rock work they are hiding in this will only stress them and kill them i hardly ever see mine but i bought them knowing this....

danepatrick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
louisiana, usa
yes, a very shy fish. however, if you feed him new life spectrum sinking wafers or pellets, he may come out. they're very stong in scent. it may attract him. i have a striped raphael and he responds every time. he aslo comes out alot i turn the tank light off, then turn on the light in my room and you can see him swimming around then of course it spooks him and he goes back under his rock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store