Spotted Congo puffer

Josejrornelas

Feeder Fish
Oct 26, 2019
Does anybody have a spotted Congo puffer ?? I’ve been looking for 1 year a a half for one and it’s so hard to get my hands on one ? Let me know

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be

Also feel free to look at aqua imports, they get them in from time to time but none are in stock currently.

erythrinus

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2011
california
I purchased 2 last week at my LFS last week and they are doing well so far. Unlike the previous ones I have seen for sale, they are small and probably captive or farm bred. They were also affordable. I am hoping to acquire a few more this week since they can be kept in a group.
If anyone else has kept them, what has your experience been with them in a community? I have a group of 2 species of african tetras that I want to house with them once quarantined. Also, they have been slow to take food. I've been feeding blackworms and bloodworms but they do not seem too interested. They have been hard to observe because they hide when they see me or go up and down the glass trying to flee.
Any advice appreciated, They are about 2cm including tail and in a 28 g quarantine tank with plants...
Also where are some sources of pond snails? I have a ramshorn snail colony that I'm waiting on, but they haven't bred yet. I'd rather not collect wild ones for obvious reasons.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store