Squid as a staple

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
So I finally went out and bought some fresh, cleaned squid early this morning. About an hour ago, I cut up some for my fish. First impressions are positive, aside from the god awful smell. THey were troublesome to cut and prepare, but my ray devoured the 5 or 6 pieces I threw in. The pbass also destroyed some, but they are pbass, so I expected that! I think I'm going to base my fish diet along the lines of 40% shrimp, 35% earthworms, 15% squid and 10% misc (pellets, bloodworms, blackworms, etc).

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
i asked a friend to take care of my fish for a weekend, he has small cichilds at home, so i thougt it whould be fine. but because i feed my monster beef's heart, shrimps, raw fish and so on, he thougth it whould be good to give them canned tuna in olive oil... not one but 2 cans... result: 2 dead fish and a week of treatment for all other tankmates.

conclusion: now i rath:eek: :cry: :screwy: er have starving live fish than to let anybodyelse fead my beasts...

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
So I finally went out and bought some fresh, cleaned squid early this morning. About an hour ago, I cut up some for my fish. First impressions are positive, aside from the god awful smell. THey were troublesome to cut and prepare, but my ray devoured the 5 or 6 pieces I threw in. The pbass also destroyed some, but they are pbass, so I expected that! I think I'm going to base my fish diet along the lines of 40% shrimp, 35% earthworms, 15% squid and 10% misc (pellets, bloodworms, blackworms, etc).

i use scissors to cut it up.

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
it cuts like paper...:grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store