Stacked 125 stand build

KansasSunfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2018
Got a question you guys.... should I do a six foot light for each 125g or should I go with two 36 inch for each? Not growing plants or anything just want to make the discus and rainbows look good. Thanks!!!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Got a question you guys.... should I do a six foot light for each 125g or should I go with two 36 inch for each? Not growing plants or anything just want to make the discus and rainbows look good. Thanks!!!
Personally if it were just one tank I would go with 2 X 36" -- gives you a bit more flexibility, can angle them differently if u wanted to, or you could just turn on one of them for even less light before bedtime or when medicating. Also if one goes out, cheaper to replace than a bigger one.

But with your gorgeous double decker there and 2 tanks, in fact I'd probably lean toward 1 X 72" for each tank; it'll be neater and less wiring to worry about is my thinking. Look fwd to seeing more photos!

Reactions: KansasSunfish

KansasSunfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2018
Personally if it were just one tank I would go with 2 X 36" -- gives you a bit more flexibility, can angle them differently if u wanted to, or you could just turn on one of them for even less light before bedtime or when medicating. Also if one goes out, cheaper to replace than a bigger one.

But with your gorgeous double decker there and 2 tanks, in fact I'd probably lean toward 1 X 72" for each tank; it'll be neater and less wiring to worry about is my thinking. Look fwd to seeing more photos!
I’m going to see which combination has the most light output per dollar but I’m betting it’s the six foot option....

KansasSunfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2018
My mom gave me a new rug. It may sound silly but it’s the way to go in a basement fish room. If it gets wet you can roll it up and take it out in the sun to dry. It makes the place look nicer and I spend most of my time down here barefoot so it’s nice to have some soft to offset the concrete.

F97F25F7-65DC-4C0F-9BE8-C65A7B6A4879.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store