Starving Bass to Eat Pellets

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Boost-they are not before and after. It just some pics showing how skinny the fish is from different angles. Well I caved in last night and gave it tilapia. He ate 10 pieces then spit almost of it back out. Luckily the dat moped up the tilapia on the floor. He seem to swim up for tilapia but won't strike at pellets.
He probably spit all the tilapia out because his stomach shrank to nothing. His brain told him he was starving and to eat but when you starve for that long, your stomach shrinks and handle all the food. I wouldn't starve any bass like that anymore. Your doing a lot of damage to those fish. Just wrap the pellets in pieces of tilapia and he will eventual except the pellets.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
He probably spit all the tilapia out because his stomach shrank to nothing. His brain told him he was starving and to eat but when you starve for that long, your stomach shrinks and handle all the food. I wouldn't starve any bass like that anymore. Your doing a lot of damage to those fish. Just wrap the pellets in pieces of tilapia and he will eventual except the pellets.
I tried marinated the tilapia with smashes pellets into powder but it spit it out. I even tried marinating in sea chem liquid garlic but no luck. He would take goldfish stuffed with pellets but that is risky. Goldfish are full of bad stuffs. I tried a lot of methods before resorting to starve or die. The fish will bounce back fine with a good healthy diet.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Years ago I had a bass that would only eat tilapia, shrimp, smelt never accepted pellets alone I was ok with it because its available in the stores and some bass are just knuckle heads :mad:, soak the tilapia in vitachem and let him eat its better that starving them that badly once he puts on some size and is eating it as it hits the water the stuff with pellets my choice was massivore. I know its a pain to thaw cut and soak or stuff but its the sacrifice we have to make sometimes for the knuckle headed bass. :) Keep us posted

Reactions: Troy1015
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store