sting ray growth/wild caught/tape worm??

piranha_guy_dan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
canada
i know that wild caught piranha contain tape worms which slow down the groth rate by robbing the fish of nutrients and food. but does anyone know if sting rays have tape worms?

i have treated my piranha before for tape worm with praziquantral aka prazi pro. the fish crap out the tape worms and in turn it speeds up their growth.

anyone have any information on this about sting rays? also because most rays are wild caught im sure there might be a chance at having tape worm like piranhas since they all come out of the amazon.

thanks

Dan

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
If anyone would know it would be you DW.

piranha_guy_dan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
canada
so prazipro would be ok to treat them with? i just got them and i want to make sure i dont kill them. ive treated other fish and i just want to make sure that rays are more sensitive to them then other fish.

piranha_guy_dan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
canada
i already put some in the tank after your first post lol so i hope its alright or there goes $140 plus taxes

60mm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
va
Awsome!, more crap to clean up!!!!!!!! j/k
i put some in today after reading this just to see if it would do anything .
i do have to say that a bottle of that stuff will put a hurting on your pocket.

piranha_guy_dan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
canada
Awsome!, more crap to clean up!!!!!!!! j/k
i put some in today after reading this just to see if it would do anything .
i do have to say that a bottle of that stuff will put a hurting on your pocket.
what one did you get? whats the actualy name brand?

my doses on my brand called prazi pro is 1 teaspoon for 20 gallons. the other stuff is more pure and concentrate so it would take alot less to dose and last longer

60mm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
va
what one did you get? whats the actualy name brand?

my doses on my brand called prazi pro is 1 teaspoon for 20 gallons. the other stuff is more pure and concentrate so it would take alot less to dose and last longer
i think i have the same stuff you got, it looks kinda like honey.
The bottle says "in fine print" that that it's distributed by hikari and made by aquascience research group.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store