stingray help

spencer1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
england
:nilly: hi i need some help with how to keep rays.
like what size tank , filtration .i want to keep about 2-3.
:stingray: :stingray: :stingray:

stingrayguy

Dovii
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2005
Illinois
Hello! and welcome to MFK!!

first you want large tank.(at least at 72x18inch footprint) for young rays. As far as filters. A wet-dry is good for large bio-load. And a power filter for the clean up.. As for the rays. a small trio of motoros work out good. But you will have to get a bigger tank in just a year or so... Do as much reading as you can first. good luck.. any other Q's.. post em up!

Brad

KJP

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Cincinnati
Spencer, Welcome! Be sure to read the Sticky Posts at the top of this forum they will help a bunch. Also get your hands on the books recommended, written by Dr. Ross.

stingrayguy

Dovii
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2005
Illinois
KJP;724399; said:
Spencer, Welcome! Be sure to read the Sticky Posts at the top of this forum they will help a bunch. Also get your hands on the books recommended, written by Dr. Ross.
Great book!.. will help you with alot of your questions!.. I still bust mine out and look at it!

zev

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Boston
stingrayguy;725900; said:
Great book!.. will help you with alot of your questions!.. I still bust mine out and look at it!
:iagree: no matter how much you read on the internet, find yourself some good books on stingrays, an quality LFS that has stingrays or better yet find someone with stingrays in your area.

after that my 2 cents is find a place to get blackworms and a lot of black worms, and start culturing your own earthworms. (the first two phases of getting finiky rays to eat) always good to be prepared.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store