Stingray not eating and acting weird

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
I think so. It has been ph of 6-7 for the last 4 months it was with me and it was fine. Still not eating. Could the addition of the bass be a factor?
Test your source water the ph in your tank itself shouldn’t fluctuate that much 6-7 is a pretty big variation. Also test you kh it could be why your getting the ph swing.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Test your source water the ph in your tank itself shouldn’t fluctuate that much 6-7 is a pretty big variation. Also test you kh it could be why your getting the ph swing.
Huh? Oh I didn’t know it was considered a big diff. When I first cycled the tank for a month it was ph 7, but it decreased to ph 6 over a span of 4 months. I didn’t think it was much. Should I do anything to increase the ph again?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Feel like it has gotten much skinnier when comparing it to when it was still eating ?. How long can stingrays last without food?

A5C2B2DB-B01B-494B-8C8A-DE22567B2768.jpeg

flyingsaucer owner

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
England
How often do you carry out water changes?
Ph dropping from 7 to 6 over a few months won’t have any drastic affects on a Ray but sudden crashes will.
Ph crashes account for a lot of ray deaths.

Reactions: batang_mcdo

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
How often do you carry out water changes?
Ph dropping from 7 to 6 over a few months won’t have any drastic affects on a Ray but sudden crashes will.
Ph crashes account for a lot of ray deaths.
I carry out 50% once a week. Getting skinnier still ☹

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I have seen many Pearl rays do this for no apparent reason. Sorry I don't have anything to offer other than flying saucer has said regards PH.
I have know Pearls to fully recover though as they get bigger and to this day I now have a mature adult that used to do this a lot as a youngster.
Food wise, try live earth worms. If it doesn't accept these then there is something wrong.
Also consider prazi or flukesolve.
What is you temp at?
And switch off lights for a couple of days and remove the bass if you are not sure if this is a cause or not.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I have seen many Pearl rays do this for no apparent reason. Sorry I don't have anything to offer other than flying saucer has said regards PH.
I have know Pearls to fully recover though as they get bigger and to this day I now have a mature adult that used to do this a lot as a youngster.
Food wise, try live earth worms. If it doesn't accept these then there is something wrong.
Also consider prazi or flukesolve.
What is you temp at?
And switch off lights for a couple of days and remove the bass if you are not sure if this is a cause or not.
No earthworms in my area. I can now see it’s rib cage and lines across it’s disc showing it’s skinniness. I can’t figure out what’s the problem and how to make it eat. ☹ How long can rays last without food? I’m not sure if it will starve itself to death.

Jim bean 20055

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2020
If there are no earthworms in your area if you mean store wise. Just start digging and hope you find some

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
If there are no earthworms in your area if you mean store wise. Just start digging and hope you find some
Not possible. Singapore is made of high rise buildings I don’t live in a house. There is no place in Singapore to find earthworms. I’ve never seen earthworms in soil before.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Quite devestating I can’t find out the problem to it not eating. Tbh I don’t think it will make it ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store