Stingray Pups Care - Tips & Tricks

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
How long does it tank a stingray to grow to about 10inches round?? From like 4 inches?? Just trying to understand if stingrays grow fast or not, I would think it prob like allot of fish where some grow fast and some dont.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
My ray is due in 15-30 days to have her first batch.

Right now she is in a 210 with a few smaller geos and some koi that are growing out for my pond. I don't believe the koi or the geos will hurt the pups. There is a sandbed, but its clean and the tank overall is clean.

A couple of questions...

How long should I keep the mom in with the pups before separating? Also, I feed pellets to all my fish...will the pups be able to handle small pellets or should I get some blood worms, black worms, etc? I figure if the mom is good with pellets, the pups should go after them as well.

Jamesa3211

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
Ruston ,LA
What kind of rays r u breeding. I got a hystrix that ive had bout a year. Mine is female and she is pushing 10" around

Jamesa3211

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
Ruston ,LA
I feed my ray live nightcrawlers and ghost shrimp as a snack. What kind of pellets r u feedi g ur rays. Id like to try feed em

Sik.10a

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2010
OZ
Hi guys jus wondering what are people's experiences with having the male in the tank during birth? I have 2 prego females and 1 male who each have an 8x3x2.5 to call there own home. I jus swap my male from tank to tank to give the girls a break. This will b my first litter from both.
Jus wanna know will the male attack the pups??!!??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gmontague

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2008
sydney NSW Australia
Hi guys,
I'm a true novice when it comes to Rays but my pair of motoro's recently gave birth to 3 healthy pups 2fm/1m. I already had the mum separated from the male due to biting on her back(she's fully recovered now) I didn't remove pups from the tank just put a crate divider down one end but hit a problem with any food I put in would soon disappear through the filtration.I decided to move them into a large floating laundrybasket style (flat base with large holes all round)acrylic tank inside the main tank .It's been 6 days since birth and still not eating bloodworm(frozen/live)shrimp.One of them is starting to show stress through bellowing up and down.I did read somewhere that if the parents are very young (mine are only 11 months old) there's a chance that first borns haven't developed fully physically or maybe hormone deficient. They look like perfect minatures of the parents. Any inputs to what I might be doing wrong would be great to hear.
Kind regards Glen(Sydney/OZ)

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
What kind of rays r u breeding. I got a hystrix that ive had bout a year. Mine is female and she is pushing 10" around
Marble Motoro, I've had the female going on two years this August.

I feed my ray live nightcrawlers and ghost shrimp as a snack. What kind of pellets r u feedi g ur rays. Id like to try feed em
NLS pellets and Hikari Massivore and Gold (whatever the red sinking one is) - that's pretty much all my fish eat. Every now and then they get tilapia when it's onsale at the grocery store. Pellets are so easy, theres a ton of threads on this site that explain how to get your rays on pellets. It's really not hard. I've gotten all my rays on pellets within a month of having them.

Also, I finally have a pup! Thread:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...a-finally-had-her-baby!&p=5724940#post5724940

gmontague

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2008
sydney NSW Australia
Good news , I've finally got the pups to eat earthworms.Two are going gang busters and the other one is hanging in there although not eating as much.Trying the odd carnivore pellet on the first feed of the day. cheers Glen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store