Stingray Pups Care - Tips & Tricks

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Why do we always move the pups? Why not move the parents?
Pretty simple really, the pups can go in a smaller tank to target feed and monitor more closely. Moving large stingrays is not a simple task either. It's not good to stress out adult rays or take chances. If you've ever moved a 20"+ ray, you will definitely understand!

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Pretty simple really, the pups can go in a smaller tank to target feed and monitor more closely. Moving large stingrays is not a simple task either. It's not good to stress out adult rays or take chances. If you've ever moved a 20"+ ray, you will definitely understand!
Roger that! Good point. I should have thought of that by myself! Thx

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Vince1102

Feeder Fish
Feb 13, 2018
Hello, I need help with feeding my reticulated stingray. She is eating bloodworms but will not take shrimp or tilapia. I've had her for about a month and a half and she won't take it at all. I've tried soaking both of them in the bloodworm water and that is not working either. Does anyone have any tips for hooking her on shrimp or tilapia?

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Hello, I need help with feeding my reticulated stingray. She is eating bloodworms but will not take shrimp or tilapia. I've had her for about a month and a half and she won't take it at all. I've tried soaking both of them in the bloodworm water and that is not working either. Does anyone have any tips for hooking her on shrimp or tilapia?
Try feeding earthworms or something like that. I find that I feed my stingrays anything that they will eat and occasionally offer them other food, and one day they will switch over without a problem. Most important thing to do with small sting rays is let them eat whatever they want.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Small pieces of food for small mouths.

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I agree with the above but, i would also throw in one or two massivore pellets and see

I assume you bought this pup, when i got my black diamond pups i battled as i couldnt get them to eat anything either
I was getting desperate and one day my son took two massivore pellets and threw them in and the little guy pounced on the massivore
From there i continued offering shrimp and tilapia mixed and eventually they started eating everything
Obviously the breeder already had them on pellets and i didnt think about that.
Its worth a try
Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store