Stingrays and Bichirs

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
The tank's great...

the motro is lazy...and seems to be eating well.

I need to get some pics posted..

I'm slackin.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
I agree w/ Tyson. Normally, polys and rays will do well together... as long as they are fairly equal (not too small or too big) to one another. I've kept this combo before in the past and all was well. Although, i did lose an 8" motoro once to a fatal bite inflicted by my 18" endlicheri... bichir took a huge chunk out of the ray's disc, went right thru it's organs!! :mad: Just be sure to watch and observe them, especially during feeding time. GL! :thumbsup:

I've hear of Bichirs taking chunks out of ray disc.

For now, you should do ok. But have your priorties set on who is staying & who will be going when they grow.

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
yeah get some pics

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Well the ray has been in the tank for about 2 weeks now with no problems. He does not bother anyone and nobody bothers him. I will get pics up soon.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
I would say it depends on the indivual bicher...I had bichers that left my rays alone while I had this PUNK Ornate bicher shred up my motoro....so just keep them fed and watch them closely...
I also have had bad experiences with Ornates for some reason... seem to be more agressive and territorial than other polys?? :confused:

TexasRock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
My female motoro ate both of my bichirs and 4 slant-nose gar... I keep them by themselves now :screwy:

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
redtailfool said:
Sorry to derail but. you took the stingray plunge???
yes, he's in a 150 at the b/fs!
Its our tank!!
He just has to cut up and feed the shrimp and do the water changes... :hearts:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store