stocking 13k gal pond

id10t

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
the above ground pool has been neglected too long. lots of frogs and tadpoles and bugs so i think im chemically ok

but how to stock? ordering etc is out.

i have access to a reasonable supply of small large mouth bass (6 to 12 in or so) as well as blue gills about a 20 min drive away

i can get some big catfish but it is an hour drive

when i am ready to do this what will i need to get the beasties home? no boat involved so no livewell etc. do have 5 gal buckets and a large cooler. keep in mind florida summer which means hot water temps and heat in general

thanks!

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
the above ground pool has been neglected too long. lots of frogs and tadpoles and bugs so i think im chemically ok

but how to stock? ordering etc is out.

i have access to a reasonable supply of small large mouth bass (6 to 12 in or so) as well as blue gills about a 20 min drive away

i can get some big catfish but it is an hour drive

when i am ready to do this what will i need to get the beasties home? no boat involved so no livewell etc. do have 5 gal buckets and a large cooler. keep in mind florida summer which means hot water temps and heat in general

thanks!
You should get a 12v converter for your car. Then pick up a couple air pumps. Get two or three 5 gallon buckets and a couple air stones. You should be good that way.

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
catch em real fast, air condition ur car, and leave to ur pond asap
dont cramp ur 5 gal buckets with bluegills

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
A portable water bubbler, normally battery operated, should be placed inside the cooler.........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store