Stocking a 125 gallon predator tank

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
In the wild redtail cudas get about 3 foot,apparently they are fun to catch on rod and reel.
Have u considered hybrid sunfish? Or a couple bullheads?

...James...

Feeder Fish
Dec 11, 2017
Redtail Cudas are definitely really cool. In a 125, i would probably do 4 cudas, then see how it goes. Or if your interested, you can put 1 bull Jag Cichlid...

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
If your gonna do gulpers I would do 4-5 of them... I love mine but imo they are pretty boring

etkelly22

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2018
So this is my first time ever posting on a forum so howdy! I've recently bought a standard 125 gallon tank and I've been kicking around the idea of a predator tank, mostly because I have 35 gallon quickly reaching maximum capacity of live bearers ( Mollies, Guppies, Swordies ) I really like the idea of using feeders I've raised and the fact that I think this tank could probably keep up with with the predators hunger.

I'm looking for fish that I can keep in this tank for the remainder of there life, I don't really plan on getting another tank any larger. What I originally imagined was a "Community Predator Tank" but now I'm kind of drawing blank for ideas... What's your idea of a CPT?

All species of Arowana and Gar will out grow this tank, correct?

Gulper cats?
Dragon Goby or an eel of some sort?
Bichir?
Red Tailed Barracuda?

What's everyone's thoughts?
I’ve got a marbled gar (boulengerella maculata) about 8” now and they don’t get much bigger than a foot. they aren’t a true gar (actually called a pike characin) but are similar in behavior and looks. mine is always a blast to feed. I also have bichirs, senegal’s and delhezi would be good in a 125. Also oscars are nice personable predators.

Reactions: Hendre

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
You could put in a hybrid sunfish,they get bigger easier than a jaguar cichlid and will do anything for food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store