stocking ...good or over?

Nevernuff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2019
That’s a tricky area, some people prefer to stock heavy and see no issue with it while some people prefer to stock lightly and see no issue with it. It all comes down to personal opinion at the end of the day. I believe that Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 once said that a 75 gallon would be an ideal habitat for a couple apistogramma since they would show their natural behavior. I personally stock my tanks a bit on the heavier side and I like it that way. We are of two different opinions and could give two different answers on how to stock this tank for example and neither one of us would necessarily be wrong or right as it’s all a matter of personal opinion.
I hope I’ve answered your question to satisfaction.

Yes.....Thankyou

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
You're already pushing it. If you want to add another fish for variety, maybe rehome a red sev or two first.

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
I cant believe all the wrong answers in here. Like a few people said it's about how high the nitrate level goes. Some fish are more sensitive to nitrate then others. You should try to keep it low regardless. I would probably do it more then one time a week. The better the water the more healthy your fish will be. Cant go wrong with that. If you want to do less water changes then either thin out stock, get a reactor or find a way to add plants that reduce nitrate.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Would like to add as your fish grow this will be a contributing factor to bioload and nitrate level.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store