stocking my new tang setup

Dominuslive

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
Iowa
Thats not even a 75G... only 1 tang...
For the most part Tangs are open water fish.... they need lots and lots of swimming room. Some say nothing less than a 6 foot tank, but you could do a small yellow or kole in a 75, but not both.

I think he means Tang/ rift lake fish. Not the open ocean species of Surgeons.

straitjacketstar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
Do you mean true transcriptus or "transcriptus gombi" which are actually a dwarf marlieri.
True transcriptus do not have a dark bar on the cheek under the eye. There are several variants of dwarf marlieri, not just the gombi/gombe.
Being that both are a smaller fish than regular marlieri you have a little more territory space but dwarf marlieri are still a bit more aggressive than true transcriptus. Very nice fish either way. ;)

ukpoduk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
uk
Do you mean true transcriptus or "transcriptus gombi" which are actually a dwarf marlieri.
True transcriptus do not have a dark bar on the cheek under the eye. There are several variants of dwarf marlieri, not just the gombi/gombe.
Being that both are a smaller fish than regular marlieri you have a little more territory space but dwarf marlieri are still a bit more aggressive than true transcriptus. Very nice fish either way. ;)
im really not sure i posted a pic here http://www.cichlids.com/pictures/pic/-76a2195284.html and they said it was a transcriptus, please shed some light please,
i tried to post pics here but files are too big and dont know how to reduce them :confused:

straitjacketstar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
No, not very rare. Around here the Gombi are much more common but I can find several variants of both dwarf marlieri and true transciptus if I look hard enough.
IMO not too bad of price to pay retail considering how hard it is to find tangs in most shops in general.

ukpoduk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
uk
well all the fish have settled, and now have bought a few more , i have a juvanile Altolamprologus calvus (Black) and 4 Neolamprologus leleupi (Yellow juviniles, and all seem to be doing ok

ukpoduk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
uk
, i now have my tank full
1 julidochromis transcriptus,one died
1 cavlus
2 comps
2 'Lamprologus' caudopunctatus
10 Cyprichromis leptosoma (Mpulungu)breeding croup
4 Lamprologus` ocellatus (Gold) 2 males and 2 females both pairs breeding
4 Neolamprologus leleupi
2 marlieri, breeding pair
, im guessing i have too many in the tank but wondered which are the best to keep

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store