Stocking options

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
What shark stocking options would I have on an 8x4x2.5 ft tank.(4ft front to back )

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Horn shark gets too big IMHO for 4ft.... I had an 8x6 and it was on the bottom end of sizing. Granted my horn was 24"+ but you want to keep something that is 2.5x the animals length for the sides.

Marbled or banded would be ok and maybe 1 small round ray depending on the amount of rock work as well. I wouldn't go for a smoothhound as they are quite active and would be doing small repetitive circles all day.

Reactions: Rghfor

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
Horn shark gets too big IMHO for 4ft.... I had an 8x6 and it was on the bottom end of sizing. Granted my horn was 24"+ but you want to keep something that is 2.5x the animals length for the sides.

Marbled or banded would be ok and maybe 1 small round ray depending on the amount of rock work as well. I wouldn't go for a smoothhound as they are quite active and would be doing small repetitive circles all day.
After more extensive research I'm thinking about waiting until I can have a bigger tank as I'd like a smooth hound

Reactions: L8braker
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store