Stocking Question - Possible Tank Update

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
From what I see in my own aquarium, blood parrots can be very hit or miss per say. My own blood parrot is super personable and I've even taught him to eat from my hand and do tricks. I think FINWIN FINWIN also has a similarly fun blood parrot. On the other hand, the blood parrots I see at LFSs are often shy and they hide in the corner.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Angels count as cichlids, so the same problem would occur. Adding cats like bristlenose pleco or a raphael + dithers would make for a great display.

Rwils24

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2020
The BP I will be keeping, she is the most active.
The green severum and rainbow cichlids I will be rehoming.
I knew angels were cichlids, but I’ve found in the past when I’ve had them, they’re usually avid swimmers.

I have a bristlenose, but it doesn’t come out often, unless it’s dark.

I know I’m in a cichlid forum, but if anyone has suggestions, I’m open. I do like the angels, BP, and some dither schools, just not sure what would be best.

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
The BP I will be keeping, she is the most active.
The green severum and rainbow cichlids I will be rehoming.
I knew angels were cichlids, but I’ve found in the past when I’ve had them, they’re usually avid swimmers.

I have a bristlenose, but it doesn’t come out often, unless it’s dark.

I know I’m in a cichlid forum, but if anyone has suggestions, I’m open. I do like the angels, BP, and some dither schools, just not sure what would be best.
You don't need to re-home anything. You just need to add more dithers. Only 3 rainbow fish won't do anything. You gotta have at least more dithers than cichlids.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
You don't need to re-home anything. You just need to add more dithers. Only 3 rainbow fish won't do anything. You gotta have at least more dithers than cichlids.
I agree - the tank can hold them all, it just needs more dithers.

PB&Jcichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2022
Hi all

I have a 5ft long 120 gallon tank.

Current inhabitants:
1 x blood parrot cichlid
3 x green severum
2 x rainbow cichlid
1 x bristlenose pleco
3 x rainbow bosemani fish

I purchased the green severums and rainbow cichlids with the intention of adding some colour to the tank - however, they mostly hide. I have been debating finding a hobbyist who would be better suited to them and possibly changing my stocking.

I was wondering if adding another parrot, 4 x angelfish and a handful of neon tetras or something would be okay?

I have 2 AC110s.

I am just looking to add/change up so there is some more colour.

Always appreciate the help!
Thanks
Hmm… severums might eat the neons though..

Rwils24

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2020
Oh sorry, I misunderstood a previous comment.

Thanks for the updates and the help.

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
I also have a 120 long. Schooling fish in my tank include Filamentosa Barbs & Denison Barbs. They add motion & color to the community & get along fine with my two Chocolate Cichlids.

Reactions: Rwils24
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store