Strange flower??

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I have a low tech planted com tank. I'm not even sure what the plant is in question, it's one of those you attach to driftwood etc leaving the root system exposed. I wouldn't say the plant is thriving but it does get the odd new leaf now and again so I guess it's happy enough.

A couple of weeks ago two new leaves sprouted out, one opened into a new leaf pretty quick, the other stretched a further 4-5" before it too started to open. The picture below shows what it has opened into, looks like a flower of some sort, in fact, for want of a better description it looks very much like the flower you get on a peace lily.

Does anyone know what happens next? Will it yield seeds or something or will a new plant form? Never had any flowers on any of my plants before.

20200318_203203.jpg

Bootie08

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2018
Believe this is normal for a healthy anubias. Nothing to be alarmed it's just a happy plant. I've never had it happen to me but I think it will just die off.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
It looks like an Anubias species, not sure which one as the leaves look longer than A. sp. 'nana' which is the species I usually keep.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Whenever my anubias would do that they would stick around for a while then break off in clumps or so leaving you with just the center where the white stuff was attached to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store