Strategies for converting WC fish off live food...

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Peacock bass
what kind of bass? i think my kelberi to date have only eaten a scattered massivore pellet that was soaked in blood worms -

ive got them to take krill and tilapia-

i used to soak it in a cup with blood worms and garlic guard -

there is a sticky in the bass section -

GL!

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
A single PBass is harder to pellet train. . I always use 2 little Oscars to help train the bass . And it helps to have 3 or more little bass.
There's a good sticky on how to teach your bass to eat out of your hand ,it really works . It's in the PBass fourm.
I start my little bass on chopped up earth worms. I rinse them off in a small net. Chopped them up just small enough to to eat easily and still wiggle ,and rinse again. Dump the worms right out of the net or drop them in with your fingers.
The first time will scare them. But in a week thy will be coming up to the top of the tank attacking the net or taking food from your fingers.
After they are eating the worms really good drop in other foods with the worms.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Feeding pellets. Feed little PBass little pellets even if the pellet fits in its mouth,they have to suck on it and they will spit it out.
Feed pellets that they can swallow easily with very little chuwing . I like and my fish like Hikari gold Cichlid pellets. That's just me, find a good pellet that the fish like and it has all the good stuff in it to keep your fish in top shape.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store