Striata water flow

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Hi i am wondering if striata likes water flow cause i got a chiller which is too powerful for my aquarium and it makes water flow in a spot which my channa stay. Does it like it or it prefers places with no waterflow at all

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Striata don't like flow much, I have always seen them in very low flow or still water

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Damn.. my chiller is for 1000 litres and i have it in 240 which means a lot of flow.. it will get stress? I cannot do anything for flow only to remove my chiller..

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Can you see where your fish comes from?
Depending on that you may not need a chiller.

I know Greece can get atrociously hot for extended periods of time, though, so I assume Cyprus to be the same temperatures range?

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Can you see where your fish comes from?
Depending on that you may not need a chiller.

I know Greece can get atrociously hot for extended periods of time, though, so I assume Cyprus to be the same temperatures range?
Well my striata comes from Thailand Surat river. Actually in Cyprus it does more hot for extended periods.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I have a chiller on my 240 lt tank that has a channa pulchara in it what I did I fitted a spray bar to the outlet from the chiller and positioned the spray bar with the holes facind down wards so there is some turblance at the back of the tank and the rest of the tank the water is still

Reactions: Gaz_ham

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
At the moment i dont use the chiller cause it makes a lot of turbulance at water and my channa was kinda nervous.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store