Stubborn flowerhorn

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
I ordered some new life spectrum, northfin, and garlic guard on Amazon and I just need to wait for it to come in and on my next day off I'll go looking for some frozen bloodworms. I'm willing to try anything to get him eating. On the bright side his prolapse has reduced majorly. But theres still alot hanging out of his body.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I ordered some new life spectrum, northfin, and garlic guard on Amazon and I just need to wait for it to come in and on my next day off I'll go looking for some frozen bloodworms. I'm willing to try anything to get him eating. On the bright side his prolapse has reduced majorly. But theres still alot hanging out of his body.
Good to hear that he is getting better. I would say focus on prolapse first, I don't know much about it but founds RD.'s old post. Once his polapse is fixed then focus on getting him to eat more.

Epsom salt infused food, and epsom salt in tank water resolved this FH's severe case of prolapsed rectum. Once reabsorbed it never prolapsed again. This FH also had a bad case of Spironucleus vortens aka hexamita, which is also suspect of being the pathogen that causes HITH in cichlids. Info on epsom treatment is posted in sticky in the Illness/Health section.

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
I added the Epsom salt to the water on monday night. It continued to grow until yesterday about 12 hours after I added the general cure like flowerhorn supply suggested. So I'm hoping the general cure is fixing both issues. I'll continue to keep everyone posted. But the prolapse was about an inch to an inch and a half before and now it's like down to a quarter of an inch. So huge improvements!

Reactions: Ruturaj

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Prazipro is another good medication for new fish.

I usually treat my tanks with one round when I add new fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store