Stubborn flowerhorn

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
Northfin pellets arrived today. I put 3 in. He watched them as they sank to the bottom and now hes just swimming above one of them in the corner acting like it doesnt exist. As you can see in the picture.

20200216_224915.jpg

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Northfin pellets arrived today. I put 3 in. He watched them as they sank to the bottom and now hes just swimming above one of them in the corner acting like it doesnt exist. As you can see in the picture.

View attachment 1405728
Did he eat the other two? Did you use garlic guard with pellets? It might still take time to get him to start eating at full capacity as he is still recovering.

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
He ate none of the northfin pellets at all. The garlic guard has still not arrived. However I was able to get some frozen bloodworms today and he attacked them and ate them like he hasn't eaten in a year. It's the first time I've actually seen him eat anything in front of me! So huge victory! I plan on soaking the pellets in them for tonight. Also going to add a pic of the ones I got in case someone else stumbles across this thread with the same problem. As soon as the garlic guard gets here I will let you know how it goes. Along with the new life spectrum. And I'll tell you if he eats the pellets soaked with the bloodworms. Thank you guys so much for your help as well. I couldn't do this without you!

20200217_163424.jpg

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
He ate none of the northfin pellets at all. The garlic guard has still not arrived. However I was able to get some frozen bloodworms today and he attacked them and ate them like he hasn't eaten in a year. It's the first time I've actually seen him eat anything in front of me! So huge victory! I plan on soaking the pellets in them for tonight. Also going to add a pic of the ones I got in case someone else stumbles across this thread with the same problem. As soon as the garlic guard gets here I will let you know how it goes. Along with the new life spectrum. And I'll tell you if he eats the pellets soaked with the bloodworms. Thank you guys so much for your help as well. I couldn't do this without you!

View attachment 1405813
Getting him to eat pellets would be important as just blood worms is not good nutrition wise. Hope soaking in bloodworms work for you.

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
So he ate the bloodworms like none other. Soaked the pellets in the bloodworms juice for 15 mins. Dropped them in and nothing. He didnt even care. The garlic guard should be arriving tomorrow. I will try that. In the mean time I have some pellets I'll soak overnight and try in the morning

Reactions: Ruturaj

Flowerhorn Supply

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2018
Great to hear that he is eating! I would continue to feed the bloodworms then skip them for a few days and try feeding the soaked pellets. If you haven't already done so, I would also do a large water change and redose the General Cure as there still may be some underlying issues. Follow that up with another large water change

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Great to hear that he is eating! I would continue to feed the bloodworms then skip them for a few days and try feeding the soaked pellets. If you haven't already done so, I would also do a large water change and redose the General Cure as there still may be some underlying issues. Follow that up with another large water change
This^

Reactions: Flowerhorn Supply

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
I did a 50% water change after the final dose of general cure. And I'm gonna try the soaked pellets today and follow up with the bloodworms if he ignores them. And illneed to grab some more general cure before I can dose him again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store