Stubborn flowerhorn

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Seems like he is just a finicky eater. If he doesn't eat pellets even after you soak it in garlic guard or blood worms then one more option you can try is hikari vibra bites. This will be in between step for him to move from blood worms to pellets.

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
He would not eat the nls and he did not care that I soaked the pellets in garlic guard. I did find out that if I fed him tilapia that he would eat it.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
He would not eat the nls and he did not care that I soaked the pellets in garlic guard. I did find out that if I fed him tilapia that he would eat it.
He won't be healthy on just raw food. You will need to get him on pellets and might have to starve him a little after his healthy. Meanwhile try the hikari vibra bites.

Seems like he is just a finicky eater. If he doesn't eat pellets even after you soak it in garlic guard or blood worms then one more option you can try is hikari vibra bites. This will be in between step for him to move from blood worms to pellets.

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
He won't be healthy on just raw food. You will need to get him on pellets and might have to starve him a little after his healthy. Meanwhile try the hikari vibra bites.
You can soak the Tilapia in Boyd Vitachem to get the missing nutrients. Good stuff.

20200220_145713.jpg

Reactions: Kittyflower

Kittyflower

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2019
So for an update. He will eat the pellets soaked in the garlic guard. But he doesnt go after them excitedly. I have found if I leave them in there by his next feeding all of them have been eaten. So that's a bright side. It is a huge improvement from the 2 pellets a day since i drop in about 8 per feeding so hes up to at least 16 per day.

Reactions: JSpilo

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
So for an update. He will eat the pellets soaked in the garlic guard. But he doesnt go after them excitedly. I have found if I leave them in there by his next feeding all of them have been eaten. So that's a bright side. It is a huge improvement from the 2 pellets a day since i drop in about 8 per feeding so hes up to at least 16 per day.
That's great. Don't feed him blood worms till he starts eating pellets excitedly. This is a big achievement. Congrats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store