stuck with a fish!?!

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
What would you do in the following situation...

You went to a lfs and purchase a nice pike cichlid and after a few months, you showed to your friends in real life and in the internet.

It turns out to be a emperor snakehead, and not a pike cichlid at all...

You tried to return the fish to the store, but the store wouldn't accept it. You tried to sell it over the internet, but keep getting negative comment about the fish and eventually you stopped in fearing some warrant officer might come and fine you...

You had the fish for a few months, and its all fat and chubby and you don't want to kill it.. You can't let it go into the wild, and you don't want to keep it anymore...

What would you do???

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
I would go waive that receipt at the store then report the store for pulling that on you. Worst comes to worst (Im a sociopath according to these forums) Freeze it.

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
tcarswell;2992388; said:
I would go waive that receipt at the store then report the store for pulling that on you. Worst comes to worst (Im a sociopath according to these forums) Freeze it.

Pfft, you call yourself a sociopath? I'd go back to the store and get my money back, or someone's store is gonna mysteriously burn down.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Juxtaroberto;2992406; said:
Pfft, you call yourself a sociopath? I'd go back to the store and get my money back, or someone's store is gonna mysteriously burn down.
LMAO , I told the guy I bought a used tank from that if it leaks I would burn his house down jokingly. He did not take it jokingly lol bet he's got a few fire extinguishers around.

jojo_nature

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
leicester .uk.
I'd be going back to the store wanting my money back , not sure i'd trust the store to deal with the fish though i'd try to rehome it myself but would definatley want my money back .

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Unfortunately, snakeheads are banned. If it is a snakehead, i'm glad this is a hypothetical situation. remember that it is the aquarists responsibility to know about the fish that he/she is purchasing, and not to rely on the store to know anything.
If you can't house the fish, freeze it. Do not under any circumstances, release it. You can try to rehouse it, but you will probably not be succesful due to the legal status of the fish. I would report the LFS to the better business bureau.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store