Stupid LFS!

suPaduPA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
New York
I went to a LFS(that I hardly ever go) today to check out their new and improved fish room(which wasnt even done)..so then i took the time to look around since I was there already.. as I was looking around I saw a 6-7" fish within a DIVIDED 10g tank..DIVIDED!!!..so I took the light from the tank below and shed it over the tank to see what kind of fish it was..it looked to be a stressed out red terror..i asked the employee there how much and he said $80..I gave him a surprised look and said what kind of fish is it thinking it might be a Mayan cichlid. He goes Frontosa and I gave him another surprised look and he had the nerves to ask me do I know any thing about fish and if I have any fish tanks and that the frontosa needs a 30g to 55g tank.(thinking to myself WTF is it in a DIVIDED 10g if you know so much).. So I told him I would buy the fish and for him to bag it up without answering his question. He bagged up the fish and I asked him to hand it over to me so I can look at the fish clearer and then handed the bag back to him.(It was a true red terror..RARE in my area) I then said to him, are you sure you know any thing about fish and he said excuse me..Then I said, the fish in the bag is a Red Terror not a Frontosa get your facts straight before you question a customer who knows ALOT more then you and walked out...BUT now I regret it because I really want that Red Terror..:( ..I guess this is why I dislike that LFS soo much..HAHA..so I'm guessin..I got PWNED! :cry:

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Send your wife or relative in if you are scared of being thrown out :D

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Pay some kid on the street or just walk back in there all haughty and get your fish :D If the dude says anything.. Just reply kindly that you did nothing wrong, and ask for the manager to help you..

Gee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2005
San Bernardino, CA
Print out a care sheet for a RT, with a pic, and take it back and talk to a manager. Omit the word "rare", and tell him/her that the mistake was theirs, and you'd like the REAL price.:popcorn:

MommyJulia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
A, A
I hate it when ppl act like a know it all when they don't. It's one thing to be an expert and know tons about whatever hobby or subject. But ppl who give their unsolicited advice or useless 2 cents bug me. I probably would have acted the same way if I had been in your boat lol. Probably been more rude and been physically thrown out lol. jk.
Maybe you can send a friend in to get the fish for you?

01yellowr

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
NJ
suPaduPA;1696876; said:
I wish I could do that..my wife is the last person who would buy me any thing thats fish related..
I feel your pain, mine is the same way.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Gee;1696888; said:
Print out a care sheet for a RT, with a pic, and take it back and talk to a manager. Omit the word "rare", and tell him/her that the mistake was theirs, and you'd like the REAL price.:popcorn:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Sure sir :D The real price is 150.00 :D Oh And Sir.. that Price is special just for Rare Aquariasts that know what they are gettign :D We would normally charge 200.00 but since you are so knowledgeable and helped us so nicely with the actual ID we thought we'd cut you a break :D

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
Tongue33;1696998; said:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Sure sir :D The real price is 150.00 :D Oh And Sir.. that Price is special just for Rare Aquariasts that know what they are gettign :D We would normally charge 200.00 but since you are so knowledgeable and helped us so nicely with the actual ID we thought we'd cut you a break :D

so you did get owned. maybe you should use your superior knowledge to your advantage, and buy a fish you've been looking for at half price when you have the chance.

arrogance is definately a weakness.

hope you learned a lesson.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store