Such a lucky coincidence!

MaDMatt

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2018
Xeno Xeno

So... I've got what I think is a m. Dayi. Huge sucker... probably 15 inches and fat.

What''s the physical difference between pantherinus and dayi? A shop online has pntherinus for sale but I want to make sure not just buying another dayi

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Xeno Xeno

So... I've got what I think is a m. Dayi. Huge sucker... probably 15 inches and fat.

What''s the physical difference between pantherinus and dayi? A shop online has pntherinus for sale but I want to make sure not just buying another dayi
The difference is the spitting on the belly. The spotting is much smaller, intense and tightly packed. Dayi will just have black spots but not tightly packed and not small. It’s a bit late to ur reply.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Hey,
it's been a while...
I love the video and your tank and fish are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the update.

Reactions: kno4te

Humphreys91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2012
England :)
Great update, I’ve just read through your threads and pleased to see such a healthy happy eel, I too have picked up a pretty rare (rare here in the UK) mastacembelus congicus, I did have trouble with feeding however I’ve found live river shrimp seem to be a firm favourite!

Xeno

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Germany
Hey,
I was able to get a hold of three specimen recently imported to Czech.
They will arrive this friday!
I am excited to see them grow and observe the behaviour towards members of their own species!

E:
They will obviously not go into a tank with my big boy.
Maybe I will keep them in 6ft by 31.5in with small rays (scobina, hystrix or reticulatus).

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store