[Sudo: Real Black Sand] substrate suitable for bichirs?

DISCIPLE

Candiru
MFK Member
uwe;3471393; said:
Hello,

i also keeping my bichirs with black substrate. Looks cool and is helping to give the bichir's colouration to its best ...
But: Black gravel ISN'T black gravel! Mine is a more "synthetic" Product, animal-friendly due to missing sharp edges!
Unfortunately it is even quite common to offer this OBSIDIAN sand or gravel in pet shops. Good way to kill bottom dwellers!
Obsidian is a vulcanic product, often sandy on those "dream coasts" - i think there are also any islands in the Pacific with beaches full of them. In the more European hemisphere The island Teneriffa (Baleares) is one of the most popular examples of this type of beach.
But back to the unfortunate circumcisions: This black gravel looks cool on the beach - and it looks cool in the tank - and kills everyone who eats a bit from the gravel. Razor-sharp (Obsidian do have a very sharp way to break, much more "efficient" than normal glass!) it will cut its way through the unlucky gourmet.

So, please, look WHAT kind of gravel you have!!!

Greetings
Uwe
TRY 3 M COLORQUARTZ ITS QUARTZ WITH A CERAMIC COATING. ITS SO PRETTY AND SAFE TOO. JUST FYI. ;)

uwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Germany
Hi Disciple!

It had been not my question but you found the target directly - yes, there are materials around that are beautiful AND safe! A bit funny: I'm using this type of gravel (due to the aesthetics in black :)) since a long time ... any effect of seeing through the things seen everyday and night.
Best to say finally: The COATING is the miracle of the gravel to the question of inner (sometimes also outer!) injuries, the size the matter if a hungry bichir will spy out /swallow or in the worst case will end with any gravel.
But here are many keepers with fortune - look at them!

Greetings
Uwe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store