Suggested food for fattening a pup?

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
currently she is eating, but not as much as i think she should be eating. everyone i talk to says she should be eating 2-3 times daily in large portions. she IS eating but jus doesn't seem as interested as much as i think she should be? anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to eat more or what i can feed that she will for sure eat.

so far i've tried feeding cut up shrimp, cut up silver sides, live guppies, rosy reds, blood worms, live black worms.

i noticed she ate a lil blood worms, she seemed to like live black worms a lil better but i put in a small portion yesterday morning. and there's still some left as we speak. i've had her for almost 2 weeks and she hasn't had a heavy 3 times a day feeding since i got her. im assuming she eats here n there because she's still alive n swimming. but i wanna fatten her up n power feed her but how can i if she dont eat whats still in there? HELP! plz thanks

will she take down some ghost shrimp? if so im gonna load her up witht hose. i jus wasn't sure if she'll actually eat them. i dont care what it is she wants to eat, i jus wanna kno what it is so i can buy some for her.

jconley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
Columbia, MD
Have you tried chopped night crawlers? I've seen alot of picky rays respond to those.

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
jconley;578132; said:
Have you tried chopped night crawlers? I've seen alot of picky rays respond to those.

how small do the pieces of nightcrawlers need to be cut to? i tried them at about 1" pieces. no response n i left the pieces in there for a whole day.

reticray1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2006
ethnics;578138; said:
how small do the pieces of nightcrawlers need to be cut to? i tried them at about 1" pieces. no response n i left the pieces in there for a whole day.
i cut mine up to about the size of a thumbnail. you may want to try half that since she's a pup and she has a very small mouth.

also, if you're gonna feed ghost shrimp make sure to gutload them first w/ some flake food. goodluck.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
dice up earthworms... if your ray wont touch the big chunks.. try to dice a regular worm into like 15 pieces.. very small, should maybe trick her into thinkin there bloodworms since theyre so small... mine responded very well to worms, in pieces, now she eats full crawlers!

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
damn, i jus want her to be nice n fat n heatlhy. she's starting to scare me. ill try to cut nightcrawlers into smaller pieces. but the first i tried them she didnt even touch them. i offer more then enough blackworms n there so small but doesn't devour them.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
turn the temp up to 86 and dont leave the food in the tank for so long put it in leave it for 1 hour max then take it out

dont worrie about the 3 big feeds per day at this point just get hear feedong also leave the lights totaly off for the next few days

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store