Suggestions for 1st Timer - In-wall Aquarium

2times2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Illinois
I am just getting back in to fish keeping after a 10 year hiatus. I used to keep freshwater setups but have always dreamed of having a saltwater setup. I'm planning on going with at least 180gallons. I am in the middle of remodeling my basement so I am able to build the aquarium in to the wall (also, always a dream of mine) with access from behind. Any suggestions for a saltwater/in-wall virgin would be much appreciated!

CLDarnell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2010
Omaha
Hi and welcome to MFK!

Browse through some of the custom tank build projects the members here have made. There's some pretty amazing stuff in there :)

Most of them are made from plywood and with a little bit of inginuity, you could adapt and build a wall much like their tanks.

Keep us posted :)

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Hardest part of my in-wall was the electrical, lets hope you dont have to relocate anything major!

Gluck and keep us updated....

Kitty & Shark 3.jpg

2times2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Illinois
Thank you all for the well wishes. I surely will start a thread as I begin my project. Probably after the holidays.... Oh did I mention that I have my second set of twins due in February? I'm sure I'll have lots of time for this project:) What am I getting myself into? It may take a while!

CharlieTuna

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2010
Colorado
2times2;4709250; said:
Thank you all for the well wishes. I surely will start a thread as I begin my project. Probably after the holidays.... Oh did I mention that I have my second set of twins due in February? I'm sure I'll have lots of time for this project:) What am I getting myself into? It may take a while!

Wow, two sets of twins! I have one set, can't imagine two. Sounds like fun though! Congratulations.

2times2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Illinois
I am going to be running all of the electric myself. What all do I need to be prepared for? What kind of power needs to be run there? I will at least give it its own breaker.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store